Linux Hosting Server
Linux is the most popular operating system (OS) used by Web hosting providers. This versatile and powerful alternative to Microsoft Windows is available in a variety of free, “freemium” and commercial iterations.
Many hosts – particularly shared hosting providers – default to Linux for hosting packages, so it’s by far the market leader. It’s also the operating system used by Google to run its vast banks of servers: more than 15,000 and counting.
Why Choose Linux For Hosting:
Many people buy web hosting without giving much thought to the technical details. If you have a low cost shared hosting plan, chances are it’s provisioned on servers running Linux. You benefit because:
- It’s secure, assuming it’s kept updated, so you have fewer hacks to worry about
- You can use industry standard web hosting software, such as the popular cPanel control panel, so moving host is less disruptive
- It keeps costs down for the host, which allows them to pass on savings to you
- The way things work is pretty standard from host to host
In modern web hosting, Linux is configured according to the LAMP standard. LAMP stands for:
- Linux, the operating system
- Apache, the web server application
- MySQL, the Structured Query Language database application
- PHP (PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor), a programming language that enables the development of dynamic web content
We Create the
Looking to power up your digital strategy? Fortune IT Corp offers a wide range of digital marketing services that work together to attract, delight, and convert leads. Toss in our proprietary tech-powered suite of tools, and your campaign is unbeatable.